Ethics for Community Managers (CMM130)
Integrity is the number one quality employers and clients value. During this interactive course, a variety of scenarios that demonstrate the official rules of conduct for community managers will be discussed. Participants will review CACMs Code of Professional Ethics and Standards of Practice and gain an understanding of ethics complaints, disciplinary actions and the appeals procedures.
- Know the importance of ethics to the industry and each individual manager
- Understand CACMs structure and how it supports the organizations role in defining and enforcing ethical standards
- Understand CACMs classes of membership and certification, as well as the related disclosures that are required
- Know the requirements of the Code of Ethics, including general and specific standards
- Understand the process for enforcement of the Code of Ethics, specifically the first steps for a member filing a complaint or responding to a complaint
- Ask the right questions to ensure decisions are ethical
Who Should Take This Course?
- Community managers who want to better understand the ethical responsibilities of their position
- Community managers who want to earn the CCAM or CFAM certification
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
- This course no longer offers CEUs and that the basic Ethics CMM130 live course may now ONLY be taken by those becoming certified for the first time.
Course Length: 4 hours, including exam
Course Fee: Member $175 Non-Member $245
Download a Registration Form if you prefer to email or mail in your registration.
Don’t see an offering near you? These are the only scheduled offerings in 2019, but you can join a wait list to bring this course to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.